I just wanted to share with you one of the most innovative ideas I've heard when it comes to taking the money out of society while maintaining a sense of normalcy. I can't actually take credit for this idea, but I wish I could.
It's called the fruit tree initiative, and here's how it works:
1) A group of able bodied volunteers needs to be put together.
2) An awareness campaign needs to be started to let the general public know is exists.
3) Any of the general public that is aware of the fruit tree initiative can call the volunteers and state that they have an apple tree, blueberry bush, orange tree etc. Any kind of edible.
4) a group of volunteers will come over and harvest the fruit for the owner of the fruit tree.
5) I think the fruit is then split into thirds. 1/3 for the volunteers who picked the fruit, 1/3 for the owner of the fruit tree, and the last 1/3 goes to the more unfortunate people in our society.
It's that easy, no money exchanges hands, many people get free bounties and everyone benefits. And there are no laws to bypass.
If it were me, I'd split that pile into 4 and give 1/4 of the edibles to local schools so the primary elementary kids can be fed a healthy meal every day as well.
I can also see this in a hunting format, where we can give hunters, who just like hunting for game and don't necessarily want the meat, extra licenses where they could benefit, a butcher could benefit, elderly could benefit along with our school children.
Imagine if every single household planted a garden and just threw some seeds in it every year, how much extra free food we could gather?